'Tis the season for Roses!
Roses are as beautiful as they are beneficial - which is why they're the perfect addition to DIY Recipes. Enjoy our simple and sweet bath and body formulations to carry you through the rest of spring, and into summer.
Rosy Foaming Soap
- ⅓ cup Unscented or Rose Scented Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
- ⅛ cup Rose Geranium Hydrosol (option use purified water instead)
- ¾ cup Purified Water
- 8 - 10 drops Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- 250 ml bottle with foaming top (use a mason jar and Jarmazing foaming top or reuse a foaming soap bottle)
- Add all of the ingredients to the soap bottle.
- Succuss 100 times (tap the bottle against hand so the essential oils blend with the other ingredients).
Floral Bath Tea
- 4 Tbsp. Chamomile
- 4 Tbsp. Lavender
- 2 Tbsp. Rose Petals
- 4 Tbsp. Epsom Salt
- 1 Cotton Muslin Bag
- 290 ml Weck Jar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add each ingredient and blend well.
- Pour into the weck jar and nicely fold the muslin bag and place it on top of the mixture in the jar.
- Seal the jar and label.
- Add 1/2 of the jars contents into the muslin bag, tie off and place under the tap while letting the warm bath water flow and saturate the tea bag.
- Soak in the tub for 10-20 minutes while enjoying the therapeutics of the herbs and salt, and feel free to use the bag to wash your body.
Rosehip & Roses Lotion
- 120 ml The Unscented Co. Lotion (appr. 80g in the refill station)
- 2 tsp Rosehip Seed Oil
- 3 drops Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- 4 drops Rose Otto Absolute
- 125ml Weck jar/Mason jar/beautiful old jar
- Mix all the ingredients directly in the jar, label the jar and enjoy.
This is a beautiful lotion that can be used on the hands and body.
If you're looking for a facial toner that is hydrating, soothing (& contains roses), try our Botanical Facial Spray - a wonderful multipurpose spray to cover all of your hydrating and toning needs.