Bio C 1000 Vitamin C & Bioflavonoids
- 1:1 ratio of Vitamin C and its absorption-helper nutrients called Bioflavonoids to make these nutrients work most effectively, and help your body gain the full power of Vitamin C
- There is 500 mg of each provided in every dose (combining Ascorbic Acid and citrus fruit Bioflavonoids) to total 1000 mg.
The Nutrient Workhorse
Vitamin C is not just for colds! It does so much more and is an important nutrient needed for a wide variety of things. This nutrient is essential for making collagen and connective tissue for a healthy teeth, gums, skin, ligaments, and tendons. It’s also vital for your cardiovascular health, supporting the adrenals during stress, and may help fight cancer.
Connecting It All Together
Vitamin C is actually a vital nutrient to keep you healthy all year long, being involved in virtually every biochemical and biological reaction in your body. It works hard every minute to keep your body alive in addition to its immune supporting role.
Enerex Bio C 1000 provides an equal ratio of pure Vitamin C and its cohort Bioflavonoids in 500 mg potencies each. These two are better absorbed in the presence of each other and more effective when working together. We use the highest quality ingredients with the Bioflavonoids derived from citrus fruit and having a high 22% Hesperidin content.
Vitamin C doesn’t just fight Colds; it makes Collagen and Connective tissue; it’s needed during Chronic stress; it is vital for Cardiovascular health; and it may fight Cancer.
The list of its daily duties is long. Here are just some of the health benefits it provides:
- Tissue formation: Vitamin C manufactures collagen, the most important protein in the human body that is needed for healthy skin, bone, teeth, gums, connective tissue, tendons and cartilage.
- Stress reduction: The greatest concentration of Vitamin C is in our adrenal glands where it is used to produce the stress response hormones adrenaline, cortisol and histamine. Vitamin C is essential to handle stress.
- Anti-aging: Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, protecting cells against the destructive effects of free radicals.
- Cancer: Vitamin C stimulates the activities of natural killer cells (a type of white blood cell) and anti-cancer agents. Low blood levels of Vitamin C are correlated with a greater risk of having certain forms of cancer.
- Osteoporosis: Vitamin C may help to prevent bone loss by reducing the “break-down” activity of the cells that removes calcium from bones. It also helps the body to absorb calcium from foods, which aids in bone development.
- Cardiovascular health: Vitamin C, in combination with Vitamin E, raises HDL (good) and lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol, reduces plaque formation, helps lower high blood pressure, and lowers heart disease risk.
- Immune function: Vitamin C stimulates lymphocytes (immune cells that fight infection and disease), and increases other types of white blood cells to enhance the immune system’s effectiveness.
Bioflavonoids – Hesperidin, Quercitin, Naringin and Rutin – are needed for the body to absorb and use Vitamin C. In research, Ascorbic Acid by itself does not have the same benefits that it does with co-factor nutrients including Rutin, “Vitamin P” and other Bioflavonoids. (For example, Ascorbic Acid, which is the only ingredient in many Vitamin C supplements, does not even prevent scurvy when used by itself, according to studies.)
They offer antioxidant protection especially for the heart and circulatory system, strengthen the immune system, protect the liver, help protect blood vessels from rupture or leakage, and prevent excessive inflammation throughout the body. The bioavailability of Bioflavonoids is increased when Vitamin C is present.
Direction of Use: Take 1 tablet 3 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Cautions: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription medications, or for use
beyond 2 months.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Enerex uses PETE plastic containers, a thermoplastic polymer resin. PETE plastic provides a superior moisture and oxygen barrier compared to the more common HDPE plastic that most vitamin manufacturers use.
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||500 mg|
|Citrus Bioflavonoids (Citrus aurantium) Fruit||500 mg|
|Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Croscarmellose sodium, vegetable magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, vegetable stearin, vegetable cellulose.|
|There are no other ingredients added to this formula.
*22% Hesperidin content (the benchmark for Bioflavonoid potency).