- Botanical name: Daucus carota ssp. sativa
- Distilled part: Fruit/Seed
- Aromatic molecules: Carotal, α-pinene, ß-bisabolene
- Odour: Sweet and fresh, but the tenacious undertone and dry-out is very heavy, earthy, and slightly spicy
Umbels, with white or pinkish flowers, bearing ellipsoidal fruits covered with knotted spikes. Slightly ligneous taproots. When mature, umbels take on a characteristic “bird’s nest” shape.
Directions: Used for local and body massages and essential oil diffuser. A skin patch test is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
- For Local Massage: 1-2 drops added to 1-2 drops of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
- For body massage: 2-10 drops added in 5-10 ml of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
Cautions & Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Do not take orally. Do not use essential oils undiluted. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre. If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with water or vegetable oil. Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or with children under the age of 6. If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache, or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.
Ingredients: Daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil.