- Parts used: Pure aromatic resin
- Origin: Somalia
- Cultivation: Wild-harvested
Frankincense is an aromatic resin used in incense and perfumes. It is obtained from the Boswellia tree. It has a beautiful history spanning more than 5,000 years, depicted in art and texts throughout antiquity. Use as incense on a hot coal, or in a variety of therapeutic applications. For external use only.
- Extraction Method: Wild-harvested tree resin. Raw.
- Shelf Life: Indefinite when stored properly.
- Storage: Keep sealed in a cool, dark place. Heat, oxygen, and light degrade the product.
To burn as incense, place a charcoal round on a fireproof surface, hollow side up. Carefully light the round with a match or lighter. The round will begin to spark. When the sparking dies down somewhat, sprinkle a few pieces of resin atop the charcoal. A little goes a long way. Take extra caution as charcoal round and surface around it will become quite hot. Burn in a well-ventilated area and do not inhale the smoke.
100% pure Boswellia papyrifera resin.