- Qualities: Calming, sedative; antiseptic
- Aroma: Herbaceous, warm, spicy; camphor & woody
- Perfume Note: Middle
- Origin: Egypt
- Cultivation Method: Certified Organic
Parts Used: Flower/Leaf
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Dominant Biochemical Components: Alcohol, Terpene, Monoterpene. Terpenine-4-ol, Cis-Sabinene Hydrate, Linalyl-Acetate, Gamma-Terpenine, Sabinene, Alpha-Terpenine, Alpha-Terpineol, Para-Cymene, Trans-Sabinene Hydrate
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Cajeput, Camphor, Chamomile (German & Roman) Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Tea Tree, Orange, Oregano, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Pine, Ravensara, Rosemary, Thyme
Description coming soon.
Health Canada Guidelines
Recommended use or purpose:
- Used in aromatherapy as a carminative/antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort.
- Used in aromatherapy as a nervine/calmative.
- Used in aromatherapy for symptomatic relief of eczema/dermatitis.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds/cough.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve headache.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprain/strain/rheumatoid arthritis.
- Used in aromatherapy to relieve minor skin irritation/cuts/bruises/burns.
Directions of use
- Not for oral use.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- For baths: Add 5 — 20 drops of undiluted essential oil with the same amount of shampoo or liquid soap before adding it to the bath. Mix the water gently. For maximum benefit, remain in the bath for 10 minutes. Use 2 drops of undiluted essential oil the first time and increase by 1 drop per bath up to a maximum of 8 drops, once daily
- For direct inhalation: Apply 5 — 10 drops of undiluted essential oil to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale occasionally, up to 3 times per day
- For steam inhalation: Add 5 — 20 drops of undiluted essential oil to a bowl of steaming water/facial steamer. Inhale slowly and deeply for 5 to 10 minutes, up to 3 times per day
- For compresses: Add 20 drops of undiluted essential oil to 500 ml of warm water in a bottle. Mix by shaking the bottle and immediately soak the compress. Squeeze lightly, apply the compress to the skin, and cover with clothes and/or towelling. Leave for 2 to 4 hours, up to 3 times per day
Duration of Use
For occasional use only
Cautions and Warnings
- Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
- Do not expose the applied area(s) to the sun for 24 to 48 hours after application.
- If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care practitioner.
- If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use this product.
- If you have broken, irritated, or sensitive skin, do not use this product.
Known Adverse Reactions
If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.
Recommended Storage Conditions:
- Child-resistant packaging/containers should be used
- Store in airtight, light-resistant container at room temperature
100% pure Origanum majorana essential oil that can be used for therapeutic &/or aromatic purposes.
Essential oils are powerful plant essences that can be used in many ways. From massage oils to room sprays, to skincare to aromatherapeutic blends, these oils are as versatile as they are diverse. When using essential oils by breathing/inhaling their aromas, they are normally used at full strength. Yet when applying them directly on the skin, the large majority of them MUST be diluted. Essential oils are also the basis of natural perfumery and can be used to make aromatic, bespoke blends for every individual who wishes to embark into the world of natural essences.
Please avoid the use of essential oils with babies. Before using essential oils with children, ensure each oil is age appropriate and is used responsibly, based on aromatherapist/ professional recommendation. Many authors have different opinions on this subject, so we suggest you research multiple sources.
We recommend doing a patch test before using an essential oil for the first time. Do not use essential oils on sensitive areas of the skin and keep away from eyes. If any negative reaction occurs, DO NOT RINSE WITH WATER, but rather dilute the area immediately by applying any vegetable oil /carrier oil (coconut, olive oil, etc) to the affected area.
Because essential oils are so powerful, we do not recommend using them internally.
Some oils create photo sensitivity so be aware if adding them to skin that will be exposed to the sun.
*Though we have provided the aforementioned precautions, they may not be comprehensive and therefore it is each individual's responsibility to research any oils they choose to use. Optimum Health Vitamins ( owned and operated as part of Optimum Health Choices Inc. and/or Optimum Naturals Inc.) is not responsible for any adverse reactions that may be experienced by using these essential oils.
The information contained on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or another qualified healthcare practitioner. The information is never intended to diagnose, treat any disease or prescribe medication.
Kolya welcomes DIY enthusiasts, from novices to experienced makers, offering high-quality ingredients and creative ideas for nature-inspired inventions. As passionate crafters, we emphasize the beauty of hand-making botanical products and remedies, catering to the needs of home-based artisans. While we celebrate the joy of botanical crafting, we are not a laboratory and do not provide the requirements of professional cosmetic formulators.