- Helps maintain healthy cartilage and joints
- Glucosamine w/ Collagen, Boswellia & MSM
- Suggested Use
- The Optimized GLS formula provides full range of structural and anti-inflammatory ingredients known as "chondroprotectives" (i.e. Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic acid, and Collagen Type II), for formation of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) to maintain joint, cartilage, and connective tissue structure and health: (1)
- Glucosamine HCl works to maintain thickness of synovial fluid by providing the the ground substance for formation of GAGs such as Hyaluronic Acid that attract and hold on to water in the synovial space. This produces a jello-like consistency of the synovial fluid that fills joint spaces, thereby providing better cushioning for the joints. (2)
- Collagen Type II is the major constituent of cartilage, yet it comes as part of a preformed matrix that consists of not only the collagen itself, but also of Chondroitin Sulfate, and Hyaluronic Acid, which have been shown to be protective against inflammatory and erosive immune-mediated induced arthritis. (3), (4)
- A recent human study involving 120 human subjects showed that organic sulfur in the form of MSM In combination with boswellic acids from Boswellia serrata reduced pain and inflammation, and increase joint functionality in the knee more effectively than glucosamine by itself, in subjects suffering from arthritis in the knee.(5)
- Another recent Russian study involving 100 subjects showed that the addition of MSM to a formulation consisting of Glucosamine HCl, Chondroitin Sulfate, and Sodium Hyaluronate (as a form of Hyaluronic Acid), produced faster improvements in test measures of pain and functionality in test subjects with knee osteoarthritis than just a combination of the latter 3 substances.(6) (i.e.Both worked, the MSM just made the formulation work faster.)
- Vitamin C is added to the formula as an activating factor, because of its direct roles in formation of connective tissues. (7)
Recommended Use/Purpose: A factor in maintaining healthy cartilage. Helps to maintain joint health.
Recommended Dose: Take 3 capsules 2 times daily. Use for a minimum of 4 weeks to see beneficial results. For best results take away from food.
Safety Information: Discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms worsen, or any of the following occur: hypersensitivity (allergy), mild gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, vomiting.
Contraindications: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Sealed for your protection. Keep out of reach of children.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 180 Per Serving GLS HCL (Glucosamine hydrochloride) 325 mg Chicken Collagen Type II 125 mg Boswellia serrata 65% 125 mg MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 100 mg Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 25 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin capsule, magnesium stearate (veg). Contains NO artificial colours or flavours, preservatives, wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, dairy, or soy.