- Increases elasticity
This strengthening oil-serum is a wonderful way to prepare delicate tissues before birth, as the nurturing blend of botanicals and essential oils help to improve elasticity and strength.
Petal Primer Yoni Serum keeps the delicate tissues of your Lady Garden toned, and resilient. This organic elixir can also be used to tone the yoni daily or weekly.
This pleasant preparatory massage blend may be used in the three months leading up to birth (or before), it steadies the delicate petals of the perineal area as they ready themselves for their full bloom. Massaging regularly with this pure, revitalizing serum will caringly-coax the tissue to stretch. Perineal massage is an ancient midwifery tradition and a wonderful way to align your body and soul as you prepare to meet your little one.
To Use: Patch test inside the elbow before applying to more sensitive skin. Soothe and lube delicate tissues. It is a perfect perineal massage oil.
Yoni Priming Massage
Perineal massage may be performed individually or with a partner. If you will be serving as your own masseuse, be sure to have a mirror handy so you can become better acquainted with your perineal area.
- Begin with clean hands. You will be massaging inside and outside your yoni, so you may want to trim your nails before the massage begins.
- Choose a comfortable place to recline with your legs bent and knees apart. Place the mirror between your legs and position it so you can see the entire perineal area.
- Place a generous amount of Petal Primer on your fingers and then lubricate the entire perineal area (the entire area surrounding the vagina and anus).
- Place both of your thumbs about one inch inside of your vagina. Use the strength of your thumbs to press downward, stretching toward your rectum. Continue to gently stretch the tissue until you feel a slight discomfort. Hold the stretch for two minutes.
- Gently move your thumbs to the sides of your vagina, still keeping them inserted at least one inch. Pull the tissue in the motion of childbirth, gently stretching the sides in a forward, downward motion. Your goal during this stretch is to imitate the movement of the baby through the birth canal, so pull the tissue in the direction of the baby’s head. Continue this stretch for 3-4 minutes.
- Gently massage the area between the vagina and anus for another 1-2 minutes, pressing in a downward, forward motion.
Tips: Remember to be extremely gentle to prevent swelling or bruising. Avoid the urinary opening during massage so that oil and any bacteria are not pushed into the urethra.
Recommended For: All skin types.
Organic Ingredients: Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba), Hippophae rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn), Calendula officinalis (Calendula), Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu), Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort), Vitamin D3, Lavender angustifolia (Lavender), Rosa damascene (Rose Otto), Eriocephalus punctulatus (Cape Chamomile), Cupressus sempervirens (Cypress), and Boswellia carteri (Frankincense).