- Saffron, sourced from the stigmata of the Crocus sativus plant – for reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety
- 100mg of 5-HTP per capsule, derived naturally from the African plant Griffonia simplicifonia, to assist with mood regulation and sleep
- With active forms of B6, B12 and folate, magnesium & zinc
Managing low mood and anxiety are key stepping stones on the way to great health, and are affected by both external and internal factors. Our endocrine and nervous systems work together to create balance between our body and brain, and keeps us feeling good. Key nutrients like B vitamins, GABA, 5-HTP, magnesium and zinc all play important roles in supporting our endocrine and cognitive health, and therefore our mood.
CanPrev’s Healthy Mood is designed to promote healthy mood management by regulating stress response, improving nerve and brain function, and supporting your immune system. Research shows that saffron provides mind-boosting benefits, and may help alleviate mild to moderate symptoms of depression. Healthy Mood can also help reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken preventatively.
- Saffron has been used for thousands of years both medicinally and in the kitchen. It is sourced from the stigmata of the Crocus sativus plant, traditionally, used for several ailments ranging from blood sugar issues, promoting healthy mood balance, cardiovascular health, libido and vision. Bright red in nature it contains several highly regarded antioxidants including lycopene and zeaxanthin.
- GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that promotes sleep and encourages relaxation. Low GABA activity is linked to insomnia and disrupted sleep. In one study, GABA levels in people with insomnia were almost 30% lower than in people without the sleep disorder.
- L-5-HTP is a compound made in the body from the amino acid, tryptophan, that you get from eating protein-rich foods. Once in the 5-HTP state, it goes on to form serotonin, the neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood and behaviour, and then further is metabolized into melatonin. Sourced from the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia seed, CanPrev’s Healthy Mood formula includes vitamin B6 and magnesium to improve the body’s conversion and utilization of 5-HTP.
- B Vitamins (B6, B12, Folate) are key factors in maintaining healthy mood and stress response. They are essential in nerve transmission, cellular metabolism, and breaking down fats and carbohydrates into usable forms of energy for the body and brain.
- B6 (P-5-P) enhances the activity of the immune system and improves the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions. It is also an important cofactor for a large number of enzyme pathways in the adrenal glands. When taken with magnesium, B6 has been shown to reduce symptoms such as nervous tension, mood swings and irritability. Aids in the production of dopamine in the hypothalamus.
- B12 (Methylcobalamin) and B9 (folate) deficiency have been linked to changes in mood.
- Magnesium Bis-Glycinate supports neurological functions including cellular energy production, regulating neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), regulating ion gradients, and neuronal excitability. Dysregulation of these systems plays an important role in the etiology of both mood imbalances and anxiety.
- Zinc Bis-Glycinate is critical to the immune system and detoxification processes. Zinc containing neurons regulate the brain and body’s response to stress and is necessary for neurotransmitter production and brain function.
Recommended Use: Promotes healthy mood balance.
Directions (Adults): Take one (1) capsule, three (3) times per day with food or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Duration of Use: Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 1 year.
Cautions & Warnings: As with any natural health product, you should consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use, especially if you are taking carbidopa, or drugs or supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, Sadenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication. Consult a healthcare practitioner If you suffer from any psychological disorder or condition, such as frequent anxiety or depression, or if symptoms persist or worsen. Stop use and consult a healthcare practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes. Avoid taking with alcohol or products that cause drowsiness. Do not use if seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children.
Known Adverse Reactions: Some people may experience diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness.
Contra-Indications: Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have scleroderma. Do not use if you are taking blood thinners, anticoagulants, antiplatelet medications or have a bleeding disorder.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetable Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Saffron (Crocus sativus L., Iridaceae) stigma, 5:1||10 mg|
|GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)||33.3 mg|
|L-5-HTP (Griffonia simplicifolia) seed||100 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||25 mg
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)||33.3 mcg|
|Folate (L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate)||100 mcg|
|Magnesium (Albion™ di-magnesium malate, TRAACS™ magnesium bis-glycinate chelate)*||25 mg|
|Zinc (TRAACS™ zinc bis-glycinate chelate)*||8 mg|
|Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Glycine, brown rice flour, citric acid, silica, vegetable-grade magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, vegetable capsule.|