- Qualities: Warm, Earthy, Clearing
- Aroma: Very rich, sweet, woody, warm and balsamic
- Perfume Note: Middle to Base
- Origin: Morocco
- Cultivation Method: Steam Dilltilled
Main Constituents: g-Himachalene: 6-20%
Plant Part: Wood
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, golden yellow to orange or brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of strong aroma, Cedarwood Atlas Oil has a woody, sweet, scent that is sharper than Virginian Cedarwood, and slightly reminiscent of mothballs.
Blends With: Rosewood, Bergamot, Cypress, Cassia, Jasmine, Juniper, Neroli, Labdanum, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang.
Health Canada Guidelines
Recommended Use or Purpose:
- Used in aromatherapy as a nervine/calmative
- Used in aromatherapy for symptomatic relief of acne/boils
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds/cough
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprain/strain/rheumatoid arthritis
- Used in aromatherapy to relieve minor skin irritation/cuts/bruises/burns
Directions of Use: Not for oral use. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- For baths; Add 5 — 25 drops of undiluted essential oil with the same amount of shampoo or liquid soap before adding into the bath. Mix the water gently. For maximum benefit, remain in the bath for 10 minutes. Use 2 drops of undiluted essential oil the first time and increase by 1 drop per bath up to a maximum of 8 drops, once daily.
- For direct inhalation; Apply 5 — 10 drops of undiluted essential oil to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale occasionally, up to3 times per day.
- For steam inhalation; Add 5 — 10 drops of undiluted essential oil to a bowl of steaming water/facial steamer. Inhale slowly and deeply for 5 to 10 minutes, up to 3 times per day.
- For compresses; Add 10 drops of undiluted essential oil to 500 ml of warm water in a bottle. Mix by shaking the bottle and immediately soak the compress. Squeeze lightly, apply the compress to the skin, and cover with clothes and/or toweling. Leave for 2 to 4 hours, up to 3 times per day.
Specific Oil Precautions: Avoid in the first trimester of pregnancy.
100% pure Cedrus atlantica essential oil.
INCI: Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil.
General Essential Oil Use
Essential oils are powerful plant essences that can be used in many ways. From massage oils to room sprays, to skincare to aromatherapeutic blends, these oils are as versatile as they are diverse. When using essential oils by breathing/inhaling the aromas, they are normally used at full strength. Yet when applying them directly on the skin, the large majority of them MUST be diluted. Because essential oils are so powerful, we do not recommend using them internally.
Essential oils are also the basis of natural perfumery and can be used to make aromatic, bespoke blends for every individual who wishes to embark into the world of natural essences.
Storage: Always keep tightly sealed in a cool, dark place. Heat, oxygen, and light degrade the product.
General Precautions: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In general, when using essential oils, use caution when dealing with epilepsy & asthma. We highly recommend not using essential oils when pregnant unless under the care of a health care professional trained in the medicinal uses of essential oils.
General Usage: Please avoid the use of essential oils with babies; hydrosols are an alternative botanical product. If you choose to use essential oils with children (though often not recommended), ensure each oil is age appropriate and is used responsibly. Many authors have different opinions on this subject, so we suggest you research multiple sources.
We recommend doing a patch test before using an essential oil for the first time. Do not use essential oils on sensitive areas of the skin & keep away from eyes. If any negative reaction occurs, DO NOT RINSE WITH WATER, but rather dilute the area immediately by applying any vegetable oil /carrier oil (coconut, olive oil, etc) to the affected area.
*Though we have provided the aforementioned research findings, they are not comprehensive and therefore it is each individuals responsibility to research any oils they choose to use. Optimum Health Vitamins (owned and operated as part of Optimum Health Choices Inc. &/or Optimum Naturals Inc. ) is not responsible for any adverse reactions that may be experienced by using these essential oils.
The information contained on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or another qualified healthcare practitioner. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease or prescribe medication. Information that has not otherwise been specified has not been evaluated by Health Canada.